Rendercore Lab Now Supports Arnold 2.1.961 for 3dsmax!
- Option to retranslate the scene on a frame change: a new flag, called Re-translate Scene on a Frame Change was added to the rendering options. If enabled, the scene is re-translated from scratch on a frame change, when rendering a sequence. By default, from frame to frame, MAXtoA re-translates only the elements that changed, but there could be cases where these elements are not detected correctly. This new option simply re-exports all to Arnold, of course at the cost of the full scene translation time.
- Update to Arnold 220.127.116.11.
- Point cloud with animated display volume not updating in animation.
- Crash with legacy maps connected to Map to Material and legacy mode OFF.
- Wrong Mode drop-down in vr_camera.
- Minor toon shader layout improvement.
- Add expression cache to the operator runtime
- MaterialX: Node graph output channels not supported
- MaterialX generated shaders are scoped under their node graph names
- alembic crash with make_instance enabled and changing frames
- Export full path instead of node name when writing to .ass while expanding procedurals
- metadata lexer should ignore more than three # in a row
- alembic files with single entry array attributes should be considered not arrays
- Noice: issues with certain crop windows combinations
- Noice: incorrect handling of variance AOVs in a separate file
- Noice: support additional channel suffixes and warn if the suffix is unsupported
- Noice: skip denoising AOVs with no associated variance
- Make flatness check for quad_light more robust
- Transform motion in procedural that only contains lights can give invalid lights
- Volumes: register new AOV volume_Z
- Volume AOVs: shadow rays interfere with new Z and ID AOVs
- Toon Render: random issues with keylight initialization
- Cell noise time not evaluated when linked
- Thread safety of alembic procedural tokenize function
- MaterialX: Supported parameter arrays are not processed by operator and node definition generation
- Render callback does not support an "empty" callback
- d'Eon BCSDF must be evaluated when base_color is small
- Gain function in range shader is inverted
- Copy id to child alembic nodes
View our 3dsmax Job Submission Tutorial to get started.